ssh-keygen -t rsa
2. Now copy the id_rsa.pub to the .ssh directory of the remote host you want to logon to as authorized_keys2 .
3. You should now be able to type the following command to get into the box without using a password:
- 4. Now type the following command into the terminal:
ssh -D 2020 -fN firstname.lastname@example.org
This will setup the ssh tunnel.
- 5. Now you have to setup your browser, say “Firefox” to route all traffic including dns traffic through your new ssh tunnel you just setup. Open up Firefox and go to preferences -> Advanced -> Network and then click the “Settings” tab like the following example:
- 6. You should then be able to go to the following address:
and it should show you the ip address from which you are coming from, which should be your new ssh tunnel ip address.